Friday, 14 January 2005

europe and others



manifesto




despite years of formal education

months of educative travel

conversations into the small hours



research beyond my means

a critically aware mind

and an astute sense of proportion



communism remains beyond my reach

it appears to have something to do with cheap housing









dvd



to be from another country

you just have to smoke and talk a lot

like they do in those foreign films









barrier to learning



as I spoke the words

it became clear that

my error was in both



translation and diction

because she started to cry

and I only wanted soup









confessional



the difficulty with a widow

is the opening up



sorry, I meant window









soothsayer



we have reached an impasse

moving into the new century

because most things have

been predicted but

nothing will happen



No comments: