Sunday, 5 June 2005

i've got something to tell you

now I know this is going to be difficult for you to hear
with what we’ve been through and everything
and I know the timing isn’t perfect
in fact it's terrible
(who’d have thought it, one year?)
but, well you know how things have been
awkward between us
we seem to clash over everything these days
and the easiest communication seems arduous
and…
I hate to say it
… false,
but I think honesty is probably best in this situation
not that anyone can ever be truly honest
I mean it’s simply an affectation of a viewpoint right?
but I’m going to say this
frankly and with honesty
and this is as hard for me as it is for you
and god knows I’ve thought about it
and I’ve tried to find a way that it could be some other way
but it has to be like this
it just has to be
you see
because
well
we have to pursue things if they seem right
we only get our four score and ten
and… well
what I’m trying to say is
and I’d apologise if it’d make it better
but it won’t
because

i’m writing somewhere else

you don’t need to know where
no honestly
just leave it at that
don't torture us both
this is hard enough as it us
it’ll just hurt even more than it has to
its not you, it's me
I never wanted it to be like this
perhaps it is what we both needed
it might be good for us

you never know

No comments: